Friday, August 3, 2007

Never trust the hand with a latex glove on it.













The first night at Brackley Beach we were just chillin out by the fire. Perhaps there was some wine being drunk. Jimmy suggested that this be the night I streak his hair with blonde. While I have done this before for him, it has been a couple of years and it has never been with a glass of wine in one hand.

I think it looked okay when all was said and done. It was getting a bit long and he needed a trim. I wasn’t willing to tackle this for him. I had been whining for a week about needing a haircut, so we decided to find a hairdresser in Charlottetown the next day.

As we sat there side by side in barber chairs I had to endure the not-so-filled-with-praise comments the woman made about my hairdressing skills. “Uh, exactly what pattern was she going for here?” and “I could tone this down some for you” and “How about if I just dye it red for you?” I dunno what her problem was. Her hair was the same – dark with a few random chunks of white-blonde in no particular pattern that I could see.

I didn’t feel so much like my hairdressing skills didn’t measure up later when Barbee made the comment that this was the worst hair cut Jim has ever had. While I felt better, it didn’t help Jimmy any that he had his worst haircut AND a bizarre colour job.

My hairdresser paid me back when she misunderstood that I wanted an inch taken off and she left it an inch long. Seriously. I have no hair.

No comments: