Thursday, August 23, 2007

I've always said "Age is just a number" However.....


Monday night we camped at a mostly seasonally permanent campsite on Lake Nipissing. As the caretaker was orientating us to where the laundry, showers and things were she pointed out the “music hall” in the centre of the camp. This got Barbee all excited and together they started organizing a music night.

As I joined the audience that was smaller in numbers than the large circle of musicians, I thought, “Holy crap! Somewhere along the line we have become old people.” I am sure I came across as rude when I refused to joined a little group of ladies when they offered numerous times for me to come sit with them in their little knitting circle. Okay, they weren’t actually knitting, but I’d bet fifty bucks each of them had a bag of wool and some needles or crochet hooks back at their sites.

No comments: