Thursday, August 30, 2007

... and it's only 4 1/2 hours from home. We'll be back.

It was a cold ride from Edmonton to Miette Hot Springs, but what a fantastic destination for our last night on the road. Have you been there? The 15 km road up to the springs would be a great bike ride: paved, steep hills, sharp corners, amazing scenery. But we took the truck. Now that we know, we will definitely take the bike next time.

The water was wonderful, and the setting serene with deer wandering past and the sun setting behind the enormous mountains. We soaked until we were all prune-ish.
It sort of took the edge off my yearning for my bathtub.


No, I'm not on the toilet. Well I am, but just sitting there warming up in the bathroom with my feet on the heat register after a cold ride from Edmonton to Pocahontas Park at Miette Hot Springs.







No comments: