Thursday, August 2, 2007

I like it in my little bubble of reality.

















Confederation Bridge is very long. It wasn’t scary as such, but it really gave me the heeby jeebies. It’s a feeling I cannot describe. I hate bridges. (That’s a little insight into the secret life of Liana.) Even in my car, if I have to stop on a bridge I feel like puking. On the bike you are so exposed and vulnerable. All I can say is that I am glad I had my full face helmet on. It somehow becomes my little bubble of security.

I tried using my half helmet once we got to New Brunswick. I lasted an hour and hadn’t ever been so glad that Jimmy takes frequent pee stops so I had an excuse to stop and change helmets without admitting to being a wimp. Just leave me alone in my little bubble and I’m okay. (I think I was an ostrich in another life.)

Prince Edward Island is absolutely beautiful. The highways are great biking routes. Lots of hills and lots of corners. The pavement is pretty decent. We camp at Brackley Beach for 2 nights.








No comments: