Monday, August 27, 2007

I missed out on family and fabric too

We stayed in the campsite in the middle of Yorkton. This is where my dad grew up and his brother still lives. I called Uncle Bud to have him come meet us for a drink. He said, “Sure. I’ll meet you at Tim Hortons on the corner ….in Langley.” Apparently his home number forwards to his cell which was with him in BC.

The woman at the camp office explained how to get to a car wash. Betty and the Beast were really getting grubby. The carwash, she explained, is right next to a fabric store. What a score for Barbee! Except that nothing stays open on Friday night in the town of Yorkton. We stood and peeked in the window and that just whet Barbee’s appetite for more. She had Jim drive her back in the morning before we packed up. She says it’s “her store” just exactly they type she would run if she owned one. And I missed it.



No comments: