Thursday, July 5, 2007

Oh yeah... I really need a vacation.

Oh my goodness, I had the creepy customer from hell today. He was returning a box of 47-hundred parts he had purchased a couple of weeks ago. I spent 20 minutes matching up all the parts with his receipts (ok, I guessed on a couple - I couldn't figure out if one was the $21 part or the $2.98 part, so I went for boss's-brownie-points and refunded $2.98) The guy basically laid across my counter so he could view my screen, which of course put him totally within my little bubble of personal space and my arms weren't long enough to get any farther away.

So to teach him a lesson I charged the 20% restocking fee, which is clearly posted in our parts department. (which in 7 years I have never charged anyone) He freaked and blew a gasket. I am so glad N was there to bail me out before I became nasty. and I can be nasty if necessary. I was seriously this close, I mean this close|| to using an f-word or two. And I don't mean "fun" or "friendly." When all was said and done N grabbed a twenty out of the till and basically threw it at him. His reply? "That was a very wise choice." I had the sudden urge to walk away and go pee. Not that I had to go, but it was the best excuse I could find to leave the room.

He would not leave the store, he wandered around looking at hot tubs and other items I'm sure he had no intention of buying. Then 10 minutes after he left, he came fuming back cuz "that woman missed some items." Uh, buddy recallest thou not that we went through each item piece-by-piece and you had your face planted on my computer screen the whole time??

Thank God I had already gone over the issue with the big boss, carefully explaining my wise choice to refund $2.98 rather than $21. (Never hurts to point out your good deeds) We let the boss deal with the guy, and I have never been so relieved as to see the guy leave empty handed. I'da been furious if he got one more cent out of us.

Ok, now that I've vented I feel much much better. Just my luck I'll run into him at church next weekend or something.

No comments: