Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh the pressure to perform.

Don't you just hate it when you work hard and no one notices? It's almost as bad as when you do nothing and everyone notices.

Just for curiosity's sake I decided to check with a stat counter to see if anyone (besides my mother) is reading my blog. After all, it can take up quite a bit of time, especially if I need to search for and edit photos.

Sometimes it's better to remain uninformed.

By the time I got out of bed today, four people had already checked for an update. Last Wednesday, 78 - that's seventy-eight, people checked out my blog. 78! I am shocked by that. I didn't even blog that day. AND it was before I did the sex shop edition.

Now, my little project that was intended to be a 2 or 3 times a week update for while we are travelling across Canada (4 more sleeps!) has become life consuming. I go to bed feeling guilty on the days I don't blog. I scrutinize every mundane daily event trying to squeeze a story out of it. I no longer have vocal conversations. I just tell people "Check out Monday July 2 if ya wanna hear about my ear surgery." On the occasions when I do go to tell someone something they'll respond with "Oh yeah, I read about that on Thursday."

I have even had death threats from friend's who do stupid things: "If you blog about that, I'll kill you." So if I wake up dead one day, just read my latest blog to see who to see who dunnit.

No comments: