Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mile Zero

Okay, so we're not bad enough to actually drive a Harley but the Harley shop of Prince George really is Mile Zero of our trip cuz it's only about 2 blocks from home. This is my biker chick T-shirt they sent me off with from work. This was a very nice and much appreciated gesture. I am taking the gift as a "we love you and hope you come back" type of gift as opposed to a "so long goodbye, have a nice life" type a gift.

It is only just now starting to sink in how much money this trip is going to cost us. But it's only money and last I heard you can't take your money (nor your debts) with you when you leave this earth. (Not that we plan on leaving any time soon... so you can chill out about that, Mom.)
However, had I been thinking earlier I would have gotten a lottery license and set up a "guess the total kilometers for a toonie" raffle. I have a Pay Pal account if you wanna join now though.

Seriously, as I am typing I'm thinking I really do want people to guess. We're going from Prince George fairly directly to Ottawa, up to Montreal, Quebec City and on to the Maritimes from there with no real plan beyond that. We will circle PEI and Nova Scotia and take the ferry over to Newfoundland to circle the rock as well - not necessarily in that order.

So email me ( elzie@telus.net ) or add a comment here and gimme your guess as to the number of kilometers you think we'll put on the bike. (There'll be no toonie charge for participation) I'll pick up a fantastic prize along to way to award the winner.

Here's the starting odometer reading: 40117

No comments: