Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This little piggy cried all the way home

Another part of my preparations for our trip has been training my toes. I want to be able to throw a 99 cent pair of flip flops in the bike trunk so I'm not traipsing around in Harley boots all the time. Oh my gosh! My poor toes have not had a piece of rubber crammed between them for years, and let me tell you they let me know about it.

The first 30 seconds were fine. Then the pain mounted. It was like a hot knife sinking into my flesh, but I would not give up. Millions do this every day I told myself. I endured the pain for about 20 minutes and then almost as quick as it came the pain was gone. I then realized my feet had actually gone numb in self-preservation. I made it about an hour before I kicked them into the corner and opted for bare feet.

I did this for a couple of days and thought I was getting tough and took on the ultimate challenge: I wore the suckers to work! Ok, it was not the most professional thing to do, I'll admit. The next time you see customer service rep in bare feet wandering through a store, try to have some compassion and understanding - she's probably just got her toes in training.

I'll admit that halfway through the day this thought occurred to me:




I almost let this thought enter my mind:


Oh noooo. God, no. Don't let me even consider it. I can take the pain. I can take the pain. I can take it....

5 comments:

mari said...

what about sandals without the plastic between the toes.. the plastic piece goes over top of the front of the foot. They are kinda flip floppy too. Sandals none the less.

carmenrose said...

What you need are Havianas, I bought mine at the Bay...super soft, don't hurt, rubber doesn't compress...but not 99cents. more like 10-20$ depending on a sale...but worth it.

GraceeJ said...

Crocs are from the debil!!!
They are perverted to the very lightweight core. NEVER go to them, NEVER!

Zanitram said...

Martina wears them.. evil little child...

b said...

yes, Martina does and that's the very first time I thought they MIGHT be cute...