Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mother always told me....

Wear clean underwear when you leave the house, because you never know...

I'm not sure how many opportunities she expected me to have to show someone my underwear, but I heeded her warning.

Why would she not rather give me some useful training like...

Never leave your house with the dishes undone and your stove filthy where you boiled over the pasta you made for supper. Because you never know when you are going to dash off to Saturday evening church and come home to find people, who have never been in your home before, sitting at your kitchen table when you get there.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great visit with Bob and Beth who have done a lot of traveling and gave us lots of pointers and advice for our upcoming trip. We scoured the Canadian atlas together and listened to their experiences on the road. I should have been taking notes because I don't know how much my brain will retain when it was being dominated by the thought of my dirty dishes that were not even piled, but rather strewn all over the kitchen.

Maybe they didn't notice. Or maybe they noticed that I am living without a dishwasher. Or maybe, just maybe, they couldn't care less that my dishes weren't done. Yeah, that's it. That's the thought I'm going to cling to.

'scuse me, I gotta run do my dishes before I head off to work.

2 comments:

mari said...

LOL I feel the same way when my dishes arent' done. Actually it takes me the whole day to make my house presentable for company even if it was clean when I started..

GraceeJ said...

There is always the oven or just outside the back door that will do in a pinch...

God bless the inventor of dishwashers tho, God bless him very much!