Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Please Resend...

I opened the front door the other day to breathe in some glorious sunshine, and a withered yellow and black piece of paper that was stuck to the door caught my eye. The rain beaten and sun bleached paper informed me the UPS had been trying for over a week to deliver all the head set equipment for our helmets. And it's 3 strikes you're out. I frantically called the number on the paper and intercepted my parcel that was about to be sent back to wingstuff.com. Whew.

The next day, also a sunny day, Alb propped open the basement door to air out the dungeon for the first time since last summer. He reminded me that it was open when he left for work that night. Of course I nearly forgot about it when I left the house to pick Jed up from the hockey game. I decided to lock the back door and just go out the basement door. Good Thing. As I stepped over a pile of dead brown leaves that have blown into the stairwell outside I noticed a piece of weathered old paper sticking out of the pile. I don't know what possessed me to stoop to pick it up, but I did. And lo and behold if it's not a pick-up notice from the post office informing me that they have had my new half-helmet, that I ordered off Ebay for $18.99, sitting and waiting at the post office for over a week. It's too bad the mail deliverers don't realize that there is a sticky strip on those parcel cards and they can actually stick them to your mailbox so they don't blow away.

So anyway, as a note to those of you out there who are in the habit of sending me gifts - I haven't really refused your gift, it's just that I don't get the memo saying that its arrived. You can resend it now, I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it.

2 comments:

mari said...

So now that I read your blog often I've come to think of you as Elzee in my head and I can't remember your real name without asking my husband... I've been trying to remember on my own for 3 days. Maybe I can start blaming mind lapses on pregnancy already??

Liana said...

When I first got online (waaay back in '97) lots of people only called me Elzee, or Aunty Elzee. Some still do.
I've been called worse, and Liana is hard to spell :)