Saturday, April 28, 2007

Did you catch that game?



Hey, all you nay-sayers who didn't think the Canucks could make it out of the first round. Didn't I tell you? Remember back in September '05 when I called for the Bertuzzi/Luongo trade? You didn't think I could make it happen did ya. Remember back in 1994 when the Canucks went to the 7th game of the finals and lost against NYR - 12 years after getting blown out 4 games straight in the final against NYI - 12 years after they entered the NHL? And remember on that fateful day I said they'll come back and win the cup against Buffalo (the other NY team) 12 years later in 2006?

Of course you know that they didn't win in '06, but how was I supposed to know that the 04/05 season was going to be cancelled. So, really '07 is the twelfth year. (and I have a back-up excuse should Lord Stanley's cup not get raised in Vancouver this year)

I'd been saying for 6 months now that when the Canucks make it to the second round we'll get a new plasma tv to replace the crappy old thing we had. Well, when they got up 3-1 in the first round, I exercised my faith and went out and purchased the long-awaited tv, only to have them lose the next 2 games. I was starting to sweat in fear that I'd have to pack it up and return it to Futureshop, but they pulled through for me.

Now, I just need to figure out why, if I'm so hockey-smart, am I sitting in 28,495th place in a pool of 31112 people in my hockey pool.... hmmm

No comments: